Continue reading →
1. Determine how far along in your pregnancy you are. Count the number of weeks from the first day of your last normal menstrual period. This will give you an estimate of how far along you are. If you can’t remember, or if your last period was unusually light, you may need to get a sonogram to determine your gestation.
2. Call the local clinic of your choice to find out the cost of an abortion and set up an appointment. Providers we work with. You may want to call several clinics to find the best price. Some clinics may not be able to help you if you are farther along in your pregnancy. Map of Texas abortion clinics.
3. Determine how much money you have right now and all the possible ways you can acquire the amount needed. Who can you borrow money from and how much? When will you receive your next paycheck or other income and how much money can you take out of it? What other ways can you raise money? Consider these: hold a yard sale, pawn something, get a temporary job, do odd jobs, baby-sit, clean houses, use a credit card, or use a trusted friend or family member’s credit card. Add up the figures to determine the amount of money you can raise for your abortion. Please keep in mind that abortion assistance funds have small budgets and must help many, many women. You will be responsible for most of the cost of your abortion.
4. If you still need help and you have an appointment at an abortion clinic in North Texas, call the Texas Equal Access Fund’s toll-free number at 1-888-854-4852.
5. The typical abortion assistance fund grant is between $50 and $100. If you need more than this, you may want to ask the clinic or call the National Abortion Federation at 1-800-772-9100 for information about other abortion assistance funds (local, state and nationwide) that can help you.
6. If you cannot contact us by phone, OR if you want to start the application process online, fill out the form below. We will call you to discuss your situation within 24-48 hours after you submit the form. If it is not safe to call you or there is no phone number where you can be reached, please let us know. PLEASE NOTE: Submitting this form is not a guarantee that we will be able to help you with financial assistance. It is a way to contact us if you don’t have access to a phone, or it is a way to get the application process started so that when we call you back we will already have all of your information. You are welcome to complete this form even if you have already left a message on our hotline; if you have not left a message on the hotline, submitting this form is sufficient. If you provide an email address below, you will receive a confirmation email with your case number. If it is not safe for you to receive email, please do NOT provide an email address.