The Texas Equal Access Fund provides financial assistance to low-income people who want an abortion and can't afford it.
- Most of our clients have Medicaid, but Medicaid does not cover abortion care in Texas.
- We serve people who have an appointment at an abortion clinic in Dallas or Fort Worth.
- We commit to pay a small portion of a client's cost, and we pay the clinic directly after the procedure is performed.
- All of our money comes from private donations.
- We serve about 1,000 people each year, and receive calls from about 4,000 more whom we just don't have enough funds to help.